Welcome‎ > ‎

The Church

History

St Mary's chapel was opened in 1901 as the primary place of worship for the students and staff of Blairs College. Blairs College was a training school for young students considering a calling to the priesthood. The College was established in 1829 but it closed in 1986. The college grounds and buildings were recently sold to a property developer but the chapel was placed in a trust so that it can continue to be used as a church by the parish community. 

The Trust

The Blairs College Chapel Trust was set up by trust deed granted by the Bishops of Scotland as trustees of the Estate of Blairs recorded in the books of Council and Session on the 5th of November 1996 with the purpose of providing for the maintenance, upkeep, preservation, extension, renovation and repair of the Roman Catholic church building known as St Mary's chapel, Blairs, Aberdeen and for all other purposes in connection with the chapel building.